Car hire Malaga
With its rugged and scenic landscape, Ardales entertainment usually come in the form of outdoor activities. Here are some of the things you can do in and around town.
- The natural environment around Ardales is ideal for camping. Many campers go on vacation at the Campsite Parque Ardales, which is easily accessible even for big vehicles. The campsite features bungalows, a tent area, a snack bar, a swimming pool, restaurant, and even a shopping center. Pets are allowed in the plots, some of which are equipped with electricity.
- This place is situated near picturesque spots like the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes (Gorge of Gaitanes) and the Embalse del Conde de Guadalhorce (a massive water reservoir), as well as other natural wonders. So, it doesn't matter whether you're a professional photographer or an amateur, your photos will all come out simply stunning.
- If you're looking for challenging biking trails amidst awesome landscapes, then the hinterlands surrounding the dams/lakes in the northeastern side of the village are full of them. Among the popular ones are: the Hippo Trail, La Mesa Descent, and El Moabo.
- The large bodies of water, forests, and elevated areas near the village has made its environs a natural habitat for a wide variety of birds. Some of the birds spotted here include griffon vultures, Egyptian vultures, warblers, black wheatears, great spotted woodpeckers, crossbills, jays, nuthatches, blue rock thrushes, and rock buntings.Rock climbing
- Home to some of the best rock climbing spots in the world, the crags and cliffs near Ardales offer extremely challenging climbs that draw climbers from all over the globe every year. Two of the best sites are El Chorro in the northeast and Turon in the southwest. Many of the crags are very dangerous and all climbers are advised to be in full gear.
Sight-seeing at historical monuments
- If you plan to have a more laid-back day outdoors, there are numerous historical sites to visit. Among them are the Casitllo de Bobastro, the Parish Church of Ntra. Sra. de los Remedios, the Convent of Capuchinos, the Plaza de la Constitucion, the Doña Trinidad Cave, and the Municipal Museum of History and Traditions, to name a few. Book with Marbesol