Car hire Malaga
The town of Velez-Malaga itself is situated inland. However, it is just a 10-minute ride away from the coastlines of Torre del Mar, one of the premier tourist spots along the Costa del Sol. More beaches are also found in the other coastal districts of the municipality. Owing to the name of the municipality, they are sometimes collectively known as Veles-Malaga beaches.
What we have below are some of the neighboring playas (Spanish for beaches) in the municipality to aid you in your future trip to this sunny southern part of Spain.
Playa de Torre del Mar
- Easily the most accessible from the town of Velez-Malaga, this beach can be reached via the Paseo Maritimo de Torre del Mar, a long, scenic promenade fronting the Mediterranean. The bars and restaurants are open from Easter to October.
Playa Naturista Almanat
- This nude beach and its accompanying campsite is found along the coast of Almayate, some 2 km westward from Torre del Mar. It can be reached from Torre del Mar via the N-340. There are lots of amenities in the campsite, including an outdoor pool, heated pool, jacuzzi, beachfront restaurant, cinema, and many more.
Playa de Banajarafe
- If you proceed further west via the N-340, you'll pass through the district of Benajarafe. The beach here is mostly undeveloped but frequented by the locals. Bars and restaurants can also be found nearby.
Playa de la Victoria
- Still further west, right after Benajarafe, is Rincon de la Victoria. Rincon de la Victoria is actually another municipality by itself but we'd like to include this beach here because it is one of the most popular in the province. Besides, it is only about 15 km from Torre del Mar. Playa de Caleta de Velez
- Let's head east this time. Our first stop is this beach, some 4 km away from Playa de Torre del Mar. Its terrain is a mixture of sand and pebbles.
Playa de Mezquitilla
- If you proceed further east, you'll reach the coast of Mezquitilla. Like the one in Caleta de Velez, its terrain is composed of sand and pebbles.
Playa del Morche
- Found in El Morche, which is next to Mezquitilla if you proceed eastward, Playa del Morche has a wide sandy terrain that could make it the next Playa de la Victoria. Book with Marbesol