We are no brokers

Facebook
Twitter
Google
LinkedIn

Benahavis History

The origins lie in the X century with the construction by the Arabs of the fortress-castle called Montemayor, in a strategic place which commanded much of the Spanish coast of Africa, on land belonging to the family Banu Habis. During the Arab rule were founded Benahavis villas and Daidín between the towns of Estepona and Marbella, from which they were dependent.

With the surrender of Marbella to the Christian troops of King Ferdinand, various castles and squares were also given to him, including Benahavis, Daidín and Montemayor Castle, going to the custody of the Earl of Ribadeo. King Philip II in 1572 proclaimed Benahavis independent from Marbella, becoming an autonomous municipality.

Malaga Guide | Legal Warning | Work with Us | Car Sales | Parking | Rent a Motorbike

MARBESOL · Málaga Aiport Office · Avda. del Comandante Garcia Morato, 48 · 29004 Málaga · Tlf. (+34) 952 23 49 16